Thursday, August 4, 2011

Houston? Green Bay? Denver? Kansas City?

No- I am not guessing where I'll be called to serve. I mean, I'd love to go anywhere, but those places wouldn't be among my first choices. As for those, we are not talking about them, I don't wanna jinx it. Anyway back to what we ARE talking about. My job. My boss, really. For those who are slightly behind the times of my life, I babysit for Ty Warren, former DE for the New England Patriots '03-'10. Just a few days ago he was released (not cut) from this team that took him as their first round pick in the Draft 8 years ago. Since then, life has been crazy, hectic, and a tad bit stressful. I planned on moving to MA with the Warrens for as long as possible. I even had an AMAZING road trip planned out with my restie (no, not "bestie") , Christie. Well, it was cancelled (I may or may not have shed a tear or two. Hint: I did.) After being released a lot of teams showed interest in Ty, wanting to meet with him and making offers. The hope was he would go to Houston, which would mean I would get to stay in College Station. Well every day, hour even, things changed. It's Houston. Nope, Kansas City. Well, he might go meet with Green Bay. Definitely Denver. Oh wait, Houston is making another offer. Oh, now so is Denver. Long story short: Denver won. I will now be moving to Denver while I wait to leave on a mission.

So now I'm in Massachusetts, watching the children and helping to get their beautiful home here ready to be put on the market. Here until the 13th or 14th, then back to CS to see my dad and Cindy when they visit Kyle and Tara, tie up some loose ends, store the majority of my stuff, then I will take off to Denver on the 28th or so. The Warrens will be staying around the Englewood area, so I'm hoping to find somewhere near there to live. Have I mentioned how blessed I am to work for this family? They are so awesome. From the kids and parents, to their extended family & friends, just amazing people.

Okay, so no mission call yet... Maybe tomorrow or next week? I hope so, anyway. Lately I have been reading Preach My Gospel. I'm loving it. I am learning a lot, my testimony is growing, and I am getting so, so excited to share this amazing Gospel with those who are ready to hear it.


No comments: