Friday, September 2, 2011

Just Livin' "the" Life

First things first: I got my mission call! I leave for the MTC November 16 to serve in the Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission, what's up!?!?! I am so excited to share the gospel, the miracle of the Atonement, the restoration of Christ's church, and our Heavenly Father's love with the people of Honduras!

Okay so quick update on life... I moved to Denver! The weather is beautiful here, and the mountains are gorgeous. I can't wait until Sunday! I need to make friends! I have totally been that awkward person you feel sorry for eating dinner by themselves, at the movies by themselves, and chillin' at Barnes & Noble by themselves reading. Haha, yep that has been me! Leaving Texas was so much harder than I thought it was going to be. The past year there was amazing. I already miss my niece, Makenna, so much! I also have made so many good friends there. I would have loved to spend my last two months before I leave there, but I don't think it would have been easy finding a job there for that short of time & the Warrens said that if I wanted to come to Denver, they would take me for as long as I would stay.

So, the Warrens, such an amazing family! The plan was to leave my stuff in there garage during the football season, while they would be in Denver, then Kyle would move it when they come back to Texas, but they so graciously are letting me keep it in their garage the entire 18 months I am gone! That saves me so much money that would have been spent on a storage unit. I love the girls, but I don't care who says my job is easy, it so is NOT! You try communicating with 17 month old, not easy. Ty and Kesha are seriously some of the nicest people ever. I feel like a charity project for them, they really don't even need me, I'm just convenient to have around. Heavenly Father definitely had a plan when I lost my last job, and was introduced to them.

I think that's about it for now... Oh funny story, I went running the other day, and decided to take this trail I saw going off the main road I was on. I assumed it was a loop, so I took it. After running 3 miles I was starting to realize it was not a loop. I decided to just keep going even though 3 miles was my goal. At 4.5 miles I decided to use the GPS to find my way home. I was still over 2 miles from the house. The last 3 miles I walked/ran, but sprinted the last half mile because my phone was about to die, and I wanted to make sure I got there before it did in fear of getting eternally lost. I saw some beautiful Colorado scenery, so it was definitely worth the extra 3.5 miles. I even found a community lap pool and basketball court. I know where I'll be spending plenty of time the next two months :)