Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm Going on a Mission... Tomorrow!

From this very moment, right now as I write this, I am approximately 16 hours from boarding a plane headed to Utah. I'm all packed and ready go! I have all the stuff I'm not taking boxed up at stored at my mom's house, and my computer is now in my dad's possession. I'm so excited to go, but I feel like I just ran out of time. I didn't get to spend as much time with family as I wanted to, plans with friends got cancelled, and I failed to visit some other family friends while I was here. I left myself two weeks to spend in Arizona, but it was hardly enough! I feel bad if I hurt any one's feelings, but fact is, I'm coming back! 18 months doesn't even sound long when I say it. Time flies when you're having fun and working hard! (I'm not naive, I know there will be times, many times, where I'll hardly consider it "fun", but I'm ready to work hard.)
Anyway, I'm excited to go! I love my Heavenly Father, and can't wait to share His love for His children and the message of the Restored Gospel with the people of Honduras! Feel free to write, my MTC address is to the right and it's also on my Facebook. (On the right, I couldn't break up the separate lines of the address, so when you see "::" that's a break. Maybe I'm special, or maybe Blogger is. Let's just go with Blogger.) My sister-in-law will be posting letters from me as my blog updates and updating my address, so check back in!

1 comment:

Cindy Jenkins said...

*sigh* You probably won't even see this, Devin, but the scripture you quoted below your title made me cry. We love you so much, we're so incredibly proud of you and I miss you like crazy already! You've been in Texas for a year and half, but I could still text you whenever I wanted then.

God be with you til we meet again.....