Sunday, November 17, 2013

New Directions

My blog was once dedicated to the funny stories of my life, but since my life just doesn't seem to be all that entertaining anymore, I decided to revamp the blog and go in a new direction!

This weekend we had Stake Conference. For those who do not know what that is, it is a general meeting we have in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, of which I am a member. It takes place every six months or so. A recurring theme was that of missionary work. One sister even touched on the topic of missionary work through social media, using blogs, Facebook, and other such web based media to share the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thought I would give it a go and share the things I know.

Lately I have had multiple experiences that have strengthened my knowledge that God knows me, that he is aware of me and my struggles, that he loves me, and that he takes care of me. One of the examples that comes to mind happened recently. Two months ago I was offered a job as a nanny for a family I used to work for before my mission. The only problem was that they live 3 hours away, so taking the job would include a move. My first instinct was to politely decline the offer and stay where I am. I love it here. Without much consideration, I made the decision that I was going to stay, and not take the job. The job would keep me out of debt during my first two years of school, but other than that, there weren't any real pros to taking the job. I started to doubt my decision and thought it best to pray about it. I prayed and I fasted, and I received an answer. I was to take the job, pack up, and move. Long story short, it turns out my current job would not have been sufficient to support me while in school next semester. When I informed my boss I would be leaving them, she actually seemed quite relieved because she didn't know whether or not there would be enough work for me in the coming months. There is more to the story, but the point is that through this experience, I was able to receive the reassurance that our Heavenly Father loves us, and is so aware of us, and will take care of us as we strive to be obedient and live has He would have us live.

I know that God lives, that he is our loving Heavenly Father & that is just one of the things I know.


No comments: